venerdì 14 agosto 2020

The meaning of Divya Diksha - Il significato di Divya Diksha


Baba Muktananda in Rome in 1970

My Master Baba Muktananda's Divya Diksha occurred on 15 August 1947 (received by His Guru Nityananda ). Obviously, even this year I will remember the event with a song dedicated to the Guru, Arati, which I will hold at midday in Treia, in the meditation room, and later  in the evening, Caterina and I, we will be in Macerata with some devoted friends, for a sharing of Prasad. And now a few words about the meaning of Divya Diksha (spiritual initiation) by recounting the experience I lived with my Master Baba Muktananda.

How could I describe the encounter I had with myself, how could I describe the I in front of the I? This recognition of the Self occurs as destined to be. For me it happened when I stood before my Guru Muktananda. But to define a "someone" Guru is an offense to the truth, since Guru is not simply a person but the Consciousness that animates and manifests each person. That same Consciousness that I am.

But before reaching this "experience" I would have to go a long way back in time, in telling clips and clips of my dream, of my identification with the spurious "I" that I thought I was for a long time. This metaphysical discourse is somewhat strange, there is no other than "I" and yet when we talk about "I" the mind automatically produces a subject that is prefigured as a user of every lived experience, it is an identity reflected in the mirror of consciousness, it is a mirror image that can never be the real "I" and yet it represents its characteristics ... like any mirror image ...

I leave aside any clumsy attempt to describe the indescribable and dwell on the referable aspect of that encounter with the Self, that moment of realization and of absolute freedom and presence that took place ... present now as then and as always will be ... .. But that wonderful "re-union" could only happen at the time established by fate, it could not happen for example in 1970 when Swami Muktananda visited Rome and stayed in a simple house on Via Trionfale with a simple family of any Italians, the family of Giacomo and Giovanna Pozzi. At that time I was living in Verona and I was still enjoying the absolute creativity of my little self, the imaginary Max Paolo D’Arpini. 

I had to take off those clothes by means of a backward journey, in the abandonment of identification, a journey that physically took me to cross all of equatorial Africa, until I lost all desire to be someone or something and finally delivered me in front of myself, and at the exact same moment in front of Swami Muktananda in Ganeshpuri. It happened  at the end of June 1973.  But how can something that always is and always will be  happen?

Paolo D’Arpini

Paolo D'Arpini: gennaio 2011
The author in the Temple of the Spirituality of Nature in Calcata

Connected  post:  

https://bioregionalismo.blogspot.com/2020/08/spiritual-awakening-and-self.html


Testo Italiano:

Il 15 agosto ricorre  Divya Diksha del mio Maestro Baba Muktananda (ricevuta da Nityananda il 15 agosto 1947). Ovviamente anche quest'anno ricorderò l’evento con una canto dedicato al Guru, l’Arati, che terrò verso mezzogiorno a Treia nella sala di meditazione, e  la sera verso le ore 19, Caterina ed io,  saremo a Macerata presso alcuni amici devoti, per una condivisione di Prasad. Ed ora alcune parole sul significato del Divya Diksha (iniziazione spirituale) raccontando l'esperienza da me vissuta con il mio Maestro Baba Muktananda. 

Come potrei raccontare l’incontro avuto con me stesso, come potrei descrivere l’io dinnanzi all’Io? Questo riconoscimento del Sé avviene come stabilito dal destino. Per me accadde allorché mi trovai dinnanzi al mio Guru Muktananda. Ma definire un “qualcuno” Guru è un’offesa alla verità, poiché Guru non è  semplicemente  una persona ma  la Coscienza che anima e manifesta ogni persona. Quella stessa Coscienza che io sono. 

Ma prima di giungere a questa “esperienza” dovrei fare molta strada indietro nel tempo, nel raccontare spezzoni e spezzoni del mio sogno, della mia identificazione con lo spurio “io” che ho creduto di essere per tanto tempo. Questo discorso metafisico è alquanto strano, non c’è altri che “Io” eppure quando si parla di “io” automaticamente la mente produce un soggetto che si prefigura come usufruitore di ogni esperienza vissuta, è un’identità riflessa nello specchio della coscienza, è un’immagine speculare che non potrà mai essere il vero “Io” eppure ne rappresenta le caratteristiche… come ogni immagine speculare…

Lascio da parte ogni tentativo goffo di descrivere l’indescrivibile e mi soffermo sull’aspetto riferibile di quell’incontro con il Sé, quel momento di realizzazione e di assoluta libertà e presenza che avvenne… presente ora come allora e come sempre sarà… Ma quella meravigliosa “ri-unione” non poteva avvenire che nel momento stabilito dal fato, non poteva succedere ad esempio nel 1970 allorché Swami Muktananda visitò Roma e soggiornò in una semplice casa di Via Trionfale presso una semplice famiglia di italiani qualsiasi, la famiglia di Giacomo e Giovanna Pozzi.

In quel tempo vivevo a Verona e  stavo ancora godendo dell’assoluta creatività del mio piccolo io, l’immaginario Max Paolo D’Arpini. Dovevo spogliarmi di quelle vesti per mezzo di un viaggio a ritroso, nell’abbandono dell’identificazione, un viaggio che fisicamente mi portò ad attraversare tutta l’Africa equatoriale, sino a perdere ogni voglia di essere qualcuno o qualcosa ed infine mi consegnò davanti a me stesso, ed allo stesso identico momento di fronte al  Swami Muktananda in Ganeshpuri. Accadde –ma come può accadere una cosa che sempre è e sempre sarà?-  alla fine di  giugno del 1973.


Paolo D’Arpini


Articolo collegato:   https://bioregionalismo.blogspot.com/2020/08/spiritual-awakening-and-self.html



1 commento:

  1. “È un enigma molto complesso. Devi scartare qualunque cosa tu sappia, qualunque cosa tu abbia letto, e avere una ferma convinzione su Quello di cui nessuno sa nulla...” (Nisargadatta Maharaj)

    RispondiElimina

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.